INTRODUCTION AND COMPLIANCE
The latest HOS Mobile APP, released on the first half of 2015, is complaint with US Federal FMCSA title 49 part 395 AOBRD 395.15, 395.16 and the latest modifications to the rule including the current suspension of the two 1am to 5am OFF duty periods for the 34 hours restart.
There is Certification menu option that indicates that the mobile APP, mobile device used were self-certified according to federal requirement.
The driver's log file exported by the mobile APP is generated according to the latest ELD data element dictionary released by FMCSA.
Regulations the mobile APP is compliant with:
- 60-hour/7 days or 70-hour/8 days Rules
- 34 hour week restart with latest suspension of two periods 1-5am
- 11 hours driving for the day
- 14 hours on duty for the day
- Sleeper Berth provision
- Passenger Seat provision
- Personal Conveyance provision
- 30 minutes break provision
- Canada Cycle 1 and 2 Regulations
- Location recording for vehicle’s engine turned on and off, and location recording every 60 minutes if vehicle is moving
- Mobile device permits duty status changes only when the vehicle is at rest
- The mobile device warns the driver, visually and/or audibly of any malfunction
- When the vehicle is stationary for 5 minutes or more, the mobile device will default to on-duty not driving and the driver must enter the proper status
- The mobile device (ELD) performs self-test, as well as a self-test at any point upon request of an authorized safety assurance official
The HOS Mobile APP is not compliant for (exclusions):
- Passenger-carrying vehicles
- States of Hawaii and Alaska
As a substitution to an exterior faceplate, a “Certification” menu item will display the certification image as evidence that the mobile device has been tested, certified and approved as meeting the performance requirements.
Driver: Unique, per-driver account used by drivers under 49 CFR Parts 385, 386, 390, and 395 regulations (hereon HOS). This account records duty status changes (RODS) and allows the export of driver’s records for display, print and agent output file generation.
Support: Account used by the carrier and ELD manufacturer to setup, configure, update and troubleshoot the ELD. No duty status changes are recorded with this account and no access to driver’s record of duty status changes is permitted under the support account.
Non-authenticated: All operation of a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) is recorded under this account (a.k.a Unidentified Driver) if no driver has logged into the ELD. Non -authenticated records (vehicle movement and on-duty time) are stored on the ELD as well as the carrier and should be assumed by a driver account.